Select course date below to see all attendance days and to apply.If no course dates are shown below this could be due to high demand or no availability. If your course is being funded by your employer and they have bought places in advance you will need to contact them to be given the links to apply.
The course is mapped to PEPS (Practice Educator Professional Standards).
PEPS Domain A - Work with others to organise an effective learning environment
The course will enable you to:
1. Gain information about practice learning and the Social Work Degree.
2. Understand the different roles and responsibilities when working with students in practice.
3. Prepare for working with a student, by
4. Develop an understanding of the supervisory process and the skills involved.
5. Understand the assessment requirements and your role in this.
6. Find out about support available to practice supervisors and educators including use of UWE Bristol's Library facilities.
7. Consider the role of service users and carers in practice learning.Â
The course is mapped to PEPS Domains A, B, C and D.
This online course aims to prepare practice supervisors to work with UWE Bristol's BSc(Hons) Social Work students undertaking both the 70 and 100 day placements. Most supervisors enrolling for this course will be working within the voluntary, independent and private sector, but some may also work within statutory teams too.
The course is also suitable for Social Workers wishing to gain their Practice Education Award (also known as PEPs - Practice Educator Professional Standards). However, any independent Social Workers considering applying should, in the first instance speak with Anna Elliot - Anna3.Elliott@uwe.ac.uk.
+44 (0)117 32 81158
You can also follow us on Twitter @UWEhasCPD.
An online course for supervisors and practice educators
To view all CPD courses offered by UWE Bristol, please select (click on) the box belowView courses