You can view, apply for and review your professional development courses in health and applied sciences here.
Select course date below to see all attendance days and to apply.If no course dates are shown below this could be due to high demand or no availability. If your course is being funded by your employer and they have bought places in advance you will need to contact them to be given the links to apply.
The course is mapped to PEPS (Practice Educator Professional Standards).
PEPS Domain A - Work with others to organise an effective learning environment
The course will enable you to:
1. Gain information about practice learning and the Social Work Degree.
2. Understand the different roles and responsibilities when working with students in practice.
3. Prepare for working with a student, by
4. Develop an understanding of the supervisory process and the skills involved.
5. Understand the assessment requirements and your role in this.
6. Find out about support available to practice supervisors and educators including use of UWE Bristol's Library facilities.
7. Consider the role of service users and carers in practice learning.Â
The course is mapped to PEPS Domains A, B, C and D.
Anna Elliott; Lizzie Clark; Sarah Davies
This online course aims to prepare practice supervisors to work with UWE Bristol's BSc(Hons) Social Work students undertaking both the 70 and 100 day placements. Most supervisors enrolling for this course will be working within the voluntary, independent and private sector, but some may also work within statutory teams too.
The course is also suitable for Social Workers wishing to gain their Practice Education Award (also known as PEPs - Practice Educator Professional Standards). However, any independent Social Workers considering applying should, in the first instance speak with Anna Elliot - Anna3.Elliott@uwe.ac.uk.
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Get a feel for the Health Professions facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
+44 (0)117 32 81158
You can also follow us on Twitter @UWEhasCPD.
An online course for supervisors and practice educators
Click here to ask us a question about this course. Please include your full name with your question. If required, please let us know if you want us to add you to the future dates mailing list. Alternatively you may email us directly at email@example.com
To view all CPD courses offered by UWE Bristol, please select (click on) the box belowView courses